Thursday, November 16, 2006

From the Muck

I last posted on here over two weeks ago. Damned if I'm going to let this blog fall into disrepair.

Allllll right! How's this computer work again...oh yeah. Just grab 'em in the biscuits.

Football! There's some stuff to say but I'll sandbag that for the Iron Grenadiers. Let me say it here, though, as well...

Super Bowl XLI: Bears 46, Patriots 10.

The stupid-ass election is finally over. The company wins as nearly all of its clients win, the face of Congress changes, I nearly snap and kill a vegan for ruining my friday, what with all the pent-up stress over spending 80 hours a week in here down the stretch and sacrificing every other aspect of my life (though I managed to not miss a single airing of Monday Night RAW). A Democratic Congress should be pretty entertaining, and probably beneficial in the long run. As in a free market economy, competition breeds quality. Time for the Dems to prove they've got a better product.

Shawn and Hunter, who, by the way, are saving the business, had some pretty money shenanigans this past Monday, like when Mr. Helmsley is perplexed by Cryme Tyme's ebonics and Mr. Michaels says "I'll handle this...I speak jive." Saving the business. I am quietly building up merch items for my fourth foray into DX consumer prostitution.

Speaking of consumer prostitution, I'm constantly fighting urges to buy a PS2 and both Guitar Hero games. They are very much the real deal, and replayability to the point where I get arthritis and it hurts too much to play. War Pigs? Thunderhorse? Shut up. Get out of my house.

Big things happening with Black Market Dynamite. We played a hawt show with Wavetaster a while back and are looking to do the same in December...either the 8th or the 15th (both are fridays). Some new material and covers coming together, the show's getting some meat on its bones. EDIT: CONFIRMED FOR DECEMBER 8th.

Murderface [in lotus position, chanting]: ...rrrreligionnnllllerrligionnhrrrrmmm...
Skwisgaar: This is dildos. Doesn't he knows there's no such things as religion?
Nathan: You mean you don't believe in God. There is such thing as religion.
Skwisgaar: Then proves it! Show me miracles that religion exists.
Nathan: Well, um...y'know, there's a bible, right there.
Skwisgaar: Well, maybe, I reevaluates.......my life.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE tell me it's the 8th.

The 15th would be a no go as I have an exam/presentation at 11:30 AM the next day.

That's right.

Exam on a Saturday.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

Please see the above edit.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Bears suck. So do the Denvers. Eagles 34, Clots 31.

Dude, please tell me why this is so funny.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

By the way, there's some sort of Transformers movie coming out? Have you heard Hollywood is the new Tiny Tim? (Lame.)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

That blog was dildos. What even brought you to it?

And in this world of bad football pickers, clearly you are the worst among us.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

There's this great music blog called Gorilla vs. Bear. Since I've been gone, this Gerard thing came about. And it's nominated for best music blog of the year at the PLUG Awards. And I voted for it.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Are you into The "Way Better Than Electric 6" Rapture? This video ought to make a believer out of you.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

The Rapture, while being better than geology, rectangles, and Perth, Australia, is not better than Electric Six. Not their first two albums, anyway.

Cool video, though.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Paul Tsikitas said...

I will fly up post haste after work and have THREE DAY WEEKEND starting the 9th. You should take Monday off so we can have a fucking guitar hero bender, filled with cluster fucks, donkey punches, Glen Danzig, broads with 75% dick interest and Gin and Tonic's that make Jon Bon Jovi and the Philadelphia Soul want to change their fucking minds.

And the Rapture and E6 aren't in the same category of awesomeness. The Rapture isn't silly disco punk. Although having a song entitled "Yeah, Uh-huh... Woo, Alright" is pretty silly. Both just rule.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

Ya know, I do have to burn all my vacation days by year's end...so def poss. If I still have two left by the week before, I'll cash in and LET THE DONKEY PUNCHING BEGIN.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FAWK! Where are you between 12/29 and 1/6? I will be East...first in Mansfield, PA, then (Possibly!!!) the Valley, then a few days in NYC before I jet. And hey, you gonna dial those digits, or what?

4:53 PM  
Blogger leo said...

Okay... see if you can match me in becoming the biggest nerd ever... Final Fantasy 2 Ultimate Names Game

Just as with blogger tags, what names do you give to characters? What theme do you use? For my first time doign this, I went with contemporary legends of rock...

Cecil = Trey (naturally)
Kain = Dave (as in Matthews, who's a bit of a traitor/sellout)
Rydia = Ani (as in DiFranco... she's fiesty? give some a woman with some punk rock in her)
Rosa = Bjork (i don't know, i wanted to have a bjork)
Edward = Bowie (he's so glam rock!)
Tellah = Warren (as in Zevon) (the real sage...... plus he dies)
Yang = Steven (as in Malkmus... he seems like a guy that would randomly know karate for no reason)
the Twins, Palom & Porom = Lin & Flan (I was going to name them John and John of They Might be Giants, but that of course would be confusing, so I shortened their last names.. plus I think one is a girl)
Cid = Thom (as in Yorke.. he's goofy and fools around with electronics)
Edge = Beck (he deserves to be a ninja.... plus he's funny.... now, i thought about not changing his name and just saying he was the guitar player for U2, but i always thought that guy was lame)
FuSoYa = Jimmy (as in page, the wise old man)

top that!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home