Friday, October 27, 2006

Week 8 Picks

Attorney: It has come to our attention that one of our employees is a major embezzler.
Nathan: AWWWWESOOOOOOME!...Right?
Toki: Ambezzul? What means that?
Pickles [drunk]: Ah, well, it's a super-awesome way of sayin' take...havin'...somethin'...(trails off)
Skwisgaar: Hey guys, I haves a good use of the word undbazzle, my lungs unsdbazzle the air from the earth. As I can breathe. It. Period.
Attorney: Well, I don't see the humor in any of this.
Skwisgaar: Aw lighten up mister dooms and gloom, imbazzle is metal.
Pickles [drunk still]: Well, who's the guy embezzling from anyway?
Attorney: Well, he is embezzling from you.
Nathan: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Well, I am getting an error message when I try to post on the football blog. So, in case it doesn't fix itself or in case I forget to try again, here are my Week 8 picks. But, barring future disaster, my picks and other grand football commentary posted by myself, Major Bludd, Dr. Mindbender, Zandar, and Metal-Head will be appearing on the newly formed Football Blog which can be reached at http://needtogoforasafety.blogspot.com/ or by clicking on the "Iron Grenadiers" link on the sidebar. Without further ado...

Frisco in Chi-Town
Time to eat Rice-a-Roni
Niners going down.

Hot time in Cincy
Vick can't play well on the road
I take the Bungles.

Leave 12th man at home
Seahawks go to Arrowhead
And they will lose there.

Two shitty teams play
But only one can prevail!
Titans. Whatever.

God bless Denny Green
With no pants and Wild Turkey
Sorry, Cardinals.

QB Gradkowski
Hey, he has a working spleen.
Regardless, Jints win.

Scobee isn't bad
But a sixty-two yarder?
Not this week. Birds own.

The Saints are ready
Ready for their first home loss
But they'll be ok.

My, how I would like
sixteen Chargers cheerleaders
Bolts emerge winners.

Cowher, on his own
versus the Oakland Raiders
Cowher, twelve to zip.

Denver D looks good
But Plummer can't keep the pace
With Peyton Manning.

I can make this fit
J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets
Ha, there, I did it.

T.O. benched Bledsoe
That team is marked for collapse
Dallas can s*ck it.

I miss the old days
Mike Tice, we hardly knew ye.
New England takes it.

9 Comments:

Blogger leo said...

Spell technicality, Mr. Murderface.


P
I
S
S

f00wefwe you!!!

that's how i felt on sunday. sigh....

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'kay, i have no words
to express the love i have
for your football picks.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Shitting in a cup,
I await my flight back home.
Saturday, we drink!

1:33 PM  
Blogger leo said...

What's the word on those PA elections? I'm gussing you're pretty busy right now with the final run. Is it true that ol 'Ricky Sanhomohater is down by more than ten points? Tell me it is. Please....

11:49 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

Zartan coming back is very exciting news.

Thank you for the haiku love, Baroness.

As for Santa Claws, polls will have him between 4 and 9 points back--as of last week, anyway. I haven't seen the new ones yet. Nothing is secured yet but Casey would be the favorite at this point.

In other news, Swann closed six percentage points with Rendell. Now he will only lose 55-45.

9:16 AM  
Blogger leo said...

wheres your week 9 picks?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

Sorry about that. I phoned them in to Zandar.

9:16 AM  
Blogger leo said...

Upon doign extensive searches for the SQUID party, I didn;t find what it stands for. I did find their platform, which is a pretty hilarious poke at the power-hungriness of the Bush administration ("all people who are not Americans or who do not agree with the government, and all independent journalists wil be fed to the GIANT SQUID!!!!").

In fact, when I googled it, one of the first things that came up was your blog! And my asking you about it a few months ago! So we're more on top of thid than they are. The above statements came from the "Giant Squid" party.

So, I'm wondering if that was what you originally found in searching for eccentric PA third parties, or if it's something different and there really is a S.Q.U.I.D. party with a real solution for their acronym. This Giant Squid party is pretty popular in its own little way; is it the same thing?

I really hope there's an answer for this acronym problem because this is one of those stupid, stupid things that will continue to keep me up at night for a long time.

4:36 PM  
Blogger leo said...

By the way, if you haven't been to see Homestar in a while, like me, this is a good time to check it out. Another Halloween special, with great costumes, especailly Bubs.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home