Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What would YOU do for a bunch of free Steelers crap?

A couple of young entrepreneurs in Pittsburgh were running a wholesale fly-by-night clothing operation with the added bonus of giving away items for free to people who were willing to take a pie in the face. 'Nuff said.

What a miserable game, though. I heard that Big Ben was sick on gameday, AGAIN! While it's somewhat comforting that I have something to blame besides his in-game decision making, it's somewhat troubling that he's been sick for like five straight weeks. If he keeps trying to power through the pain he's gonna wind up like McNabb last year. Get better you jerk. The Verron Haynes fumble sucked huge nuts, but everybody makes mistakes and he doesn't make them that often. Furious as I am, I won't get on his case just because it couldn't have had worse timing (uh, actually, I guess I can a little bit. With the game on the line HOLD ON TO THE BALL YOU BASTARD). Ricardo Colclough, on the other hand, gets a Chinbutt To The Face for trying to return a football like it's a frisbee. It's amazing that even after one freak mistake, we had the chance to still atone for it and win. And with that opportunity, an even more careless mistake was made. Shame on all of you. Now go sit in the bye week corner and think about what you've done.

That was a small contribution to my overall sucky week of picks. New standings courtesy of Zandar:

Zandar: 11-3
FOS: 9-5
Metal-Head: 9-5
Dr. Mindbender: 7-7

ESPN:

Theismann: 7-6
Salisbury: 8-6
Hoge: 7-7
Jaworski: 8-6
Schlereth: 9-5
Allen: 9-5
Mortensen: 5-9
Golic: 7-7

Aggro Crag:

Zandar: 34-12
FOS: 32-14
Metal-Head: 30-16
Hoge: 30-16
Schlereth: 30-16
Salisbury: 28-18
Jaworski: 28-18
Allen: 28-18
Dr. Mindbender: 27-19
Golic: 27-19
Theismann: 26-17
Mortensen: 26-20

11 Comments:

Blogger Paul Tsikitas said...

That picture reminds me of that time I let loose that giant load on your face.

4:26 PM  
Blogger leo said...

You continue to wear your Randleeel jersey even after he's gone? I don't know what that does for karma.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I may just have to agree with Mr. Leo. The man was fantastic when he was one of us, but now that he's left for more lucrative pastures, we should start thinking about a new home jersey. We need to go shopping. I need to go buy more skirts anyway, so we should make a day of it.

I think I can see you as a Miller.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Colclough punt return seemed to be the most eyeroll inducing moment of the game.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

you know, it's true. I thought that since he was such an integral part of the Super Bowl team, and his departure was not marred by any ill feeling, it would be acceptable by the Force...perhaps that is not the case. Miller's a good choice.

8:59 AM  
Blogger leo said...

I hope to God you caught some of that awkward T.O. coverage.



Simmons just made a joke about a depressed TO driving away in a Bronco liek OJ Simpson. This is going to be our running joek for a very, very long time.

4:00 PM  
Blogger leo said...

Rob (New Orleans): T.O. took too many pills because he just realized Drew Bledsoe is his quarterback.

Bill Simmons: (3:51 PM ET ) All right, they're wrapping up the press conference. All jokes aside, I'm relieved this was all a big misunderstanding and we can continue to make fun of TO again. Also, this would be an opportune time to sell your stock in Kim Etheridge's PR company.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tgoobs: how many times has TO had to apologize for being a distraction? What's next? an OJ-like bronco chase?

Bill Simmons: (3:51 PM ET ) Let's hope so... I want Terry Glenn driving and screaming, "This is TG, I got TO in the car... this is TG!... you know who this is goddammit!"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim (NJ): Over/Under: The amount of pill bottles throw on field by Philly fans: 30,000.

Bill Simmons: (3:52 PM ET ) 30,000???? Come on, that's low... each fan will be good for four bottles, 60,000 people, I'm saying the over/under is 200,000.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

I actually did get to catch it in the break room. It was a snoozefest. Basically what it amounted to was Homestar taping a hastily-made sign to T.O.'s forehead that said "Everything is Fine, Nothing is Ruined".



"This Is Real."

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU USED AGGRO CRAG.

you are my hero for at least the next ten minutes.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Update from Mombasa, in a barroom drinking gin (from a small plastic sachet):

After a year of hurdles and applications and interviews and proddings and delays, followed by 10 weeks of training in French and business and culture, I have found myself in the most boring, unrewarding job on the planet. I've been sitting at this Internet Cafe for about 90 minutes now, since there's nothing to do at the bank except play Minesweeper (which I'm really really good at). I live at about 6000 feet, which makes the 2.5 mile bike ride up the mountain from the bank to my house every day slightly punishing, but I know my strict excercise regime--2 or 3 cigarettes a day--will leave me with super-human lung capacity when I leave this hell hole.

The power company here, AES Sonnel, gets its kicks by cutting the power to the entire West province every night as I'm about to prepare my dinner.

And my neighbor across the street embezzles money from the local AIDS committee (given by the World Bank, those idiots) to buy stereos and motorcycles.

That's all for now.

5:48 AM  
Blogger leo said...

By the way, Beck is coming to Philly again soon, I hear. Tower theatre within a month or so.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home