Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Verbosity is a Sickness Unto Death

I was just watching a little bit of the Alito hearings and watched Arlen Specter ask a two-minute question full of the most gaseous, circuitous language I've heard since the last time Dominique de Villepin opened his mouth. Apparently, yesterday, Joe Biden asked an 11-minute question in the same manner. Frankly, I was impressed enough with Alito that he actually was able to discern what the question was in all of that mess. I was watching C-Span 2 a while back and saw an open forum with Tony Blair and his chief ministers, and it floored me how clear and concise they were in their answers. It was almost a pleasure to listen to them. Why can't our congressmen follow suit? That's why nothing ever gets f*cking done.

4 Comments:

Blogger L P said...

That's how this thing called 'government' works. I think. Actually I'm not sure, I can't figure it out, I got distracted somewhere after the constitution.

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPECTRE...SPECIAL EXECUTIVE FOR COUNTERTERRORISM, TERRORISM, REVENGE, AND EXTORTION.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Here's a fun story, re: local politics. Mayor Callahan was banned from the Apollo for banging a chick (who wasn't his wife) in the bathroom. Sources say.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

Having Callahan as mayor is like Job being president of Bluth.

"I hope you haven't come for a handout, Michael. I run a pretty tight ship around here. With SPICY cluuuub saaaaauce."

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home