Wednesday, December 21, 2005

From the C Train to the Shiny Tower

It was better than breakfast for me this morning when I opened the paper and saw all of Manhattan in gridlock. I know that may be a mean thing to say, and there are some very stand-up people who live in that town, but I'm in an aggressive mood and not five days ago that city screwed over my second-in-command. So I shriek loudly:

EAT SHIT, NEW YORK CITY!!!

There was an interview on the news this morning with a picketing transit worker who mouthed some nonsense about needing more pay and benefits and the like. If someone goes Reagan on their ass and fires all 33,000 of them, I wonder whether the MTA would have a tough time hiring new employees at the terms that the unions rejected? My money's on no.

I'm going to start abiding by a resolution, which happens to coincide with the coming of the New Year, will be to participate significantly less in the favor matrix. At least, in terms of owing favors.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

My favorite part of the transit strike (aside from being able to watch from a distance) is that the MTA has been doing half-priced fares for the holidays rather than, say, giving nice Christmas bonuses to the "Stand clear of the closing doors, please" dudes.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn NYC nightclubs...Tony that big burly bastard of a VIP bouncer. I will send him a case of poop cola for Radamand...wait wait did I just say Radamand. DAMN YOU QUO!!!

SS

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh so now you change me to destro just because you had to have it all corect. I wanted to be the ninja. How am I ever gonna get through airport security. It is OK I'll forgive you

Destro

6:21 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

He's Scottish, he has a head made of metal, he's a badass. No grief from you.

And, perhaps obviously enough, the castle in question is called...Castle Destro.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home