Monday, January 16, 2006

Open season on Zebras

Well, I was going to just leave this picture up as the post, but a thousand words isn't enough to describe the events of yesterday. I cannot say for sure how much I aged during the last five minutes of regulation of the Colts-Steelers game, but I do know that I probably wouldn't be able to survive another such finish. Especially if we were to lose.

Firstly, kudos are due to Bill Cowher for having the balls to stray so drastically from the traditional Steelers game plan. Coming out of the starting gate shooting from the hip was their best shot at winning, and with the usual monster defensive effort, it worked.

That said, I will address Joey Porter's most recent controversial comment. Usually, when there's talk such as "The Colts were amping up the crowd noise artificially" or "that November game shouldn't count, because they can't play proper football, and their rushing yards were cheap, excuses blah blah" I'm the first one telling my own team to sh*t th* f*ck *p. But Porter's accusation that the refs and the league wanted the Colts to win that game makes absolutely perfect sense to me. What other explanation can there be for the unbelievable overturning of Polamalu's interception? How did the ref figure that to be indisputable? There was a definite problem with the officiating. Somebody should lose their job, or at least be docked pay for that. If Ben hadn't performed that heroic one-armed tackle, or if Vanderjagt had made that kick, I'd be in jail today. Now that Pittsburgh's in the AFC Champ game, I'm glad all that bullshit happened. They have every right to be fired up after that. I'm still livid.

That said, I welcome laughter and ridicule of any and all kinds for the way my NFC bracket is turning out, and may I just say that I hope my perfect record in the AFC picks comes to a screeching halt. I mean, I suck at this. Seriously, I'm no good at picking anything.

4 Comments:

Blogger L P said...

I'm NOT A PENNSYLVANIA FOOTBALL FAN. I like the Ravens. Eagles fans don't seem to be able to understand this. I am from Maryland, therfore I like the Ravens. It's not that I can't sympathize; I hate the Eagles AND the Steelers. It's not a lack of sympathy. I hate them both.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

My mistake. I thought I remembered you cheering for the Eagles at the Super Bowl party last year. The old noggin is exactly what it used to be, wrong.

My apologies, and to hell with the Ravens.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if Don Cheadle will ever mention how we prevailed despite the ref's crappy job in a commercial?

And f the ravens

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, im not even a Pittsburgh fan and I wanted to kick my TV in on that interception overturn. I would say theres less of a pro-Colts contingent and more likely a CBS executive in the ref's booth making sure viewers got an exciting game instead of a near blowout. The games just not what it used to be.




Pretty soon, the Chicago Bears will be playing the Minnesota Vikings for custody of the San Francisco 49ers.

You won't be laughing when it happens...

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home