Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sorry, I was on the the periodical

Cheers to everyone who helped the number of comments on that last post to almost equal the number of characters in the post itself. It's that kind of industriousness and work ethic that makes the Terrordrome first among aggressively expansionistic authoritarian blogs.


GREAT NEWS! The New & Improved DX dvd set has been shipped to my house. Thanks to Storm Shadow and his connections, I already have in my possession a bottle of finest black vodka. It will be a small matter to procure a bottle of Midori to complete the recipe for DX shots. I am thinking [Cousin Balki voice] PARTY TIME, and I want all my wrestling crew members involved (though non-wrestling aficionados are also invited). Of course, we can't JUST have liquor (too expensive). So for beer selection I'm thinking straight Arrogant Bastard...it's fitting, no? Unless someone's got a better idea. The biggest issue, though, is location. I'm thinking, I'm thinking.


BMD update! We've got a nice pile of brand-spanking new music that we'll be rolling out in March. Our next show, and our first in quite some time, will be Friday, March 2 at the Wildflower in Bethlehem. EDIT: The following weekend, Friday, March 9, at the Funhouse in Bethlehem, we will be playing, possibly with an opening act. And, of course, Dr. Mindbender's Last Drink '07 on March 31st in Marlton, NJ, and opening for us will be the great and talented timeless act Noringo, fronted by the 'Drome's own Major Bludd.



In other news, thanks to Zarana's encouragement and beautiful design job, I have started my own livejournal EXCLUSIVELY for the purpose of writing Killer7 fanfic. I'm pretty pleased with my first entry and I hope to only improve. You can check it out at http://showusyoursmile.livejournal.com The submissions are going to be serial-style, short and episodic, designed for those of the short attention spans.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh...Dos Eques (sp?)?

4:58 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

I don't know why I didn't think of that. We shall have both. I think there's an Australian brand called XXXX, too.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

XXXX is shite. It's not quite for girls (that's what Foster's is for) but it's close. Victoria Bitter is the Australian beer you want. But I have no idea what you're talking about. But my new favorite movie theatre serves Arrogant Bastard.

Also, is Bave Matthews Dand coming to SXSW?

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

Zandar: Yes, it is. I removed your comment, as this blog is very likely to be viewed by at least two people who haven't completed the game yet.

Zartan: Thanks for your input on XXXX. Just because it'll be a professional wrestling party doesn't mean there won't be girls there. Really.

And, isn't SXSW a club in Philly? What does your newly Austinian ass have to do with that?

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I left it vague enough, but did have my doubts.

Smart move.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

No, SXSW is this hot-shit music/film festival in Austin in March. 1300 bands. Lot's of free shows and crap. I'll be drunk for an entire week. You should come.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

I should, but I won't be able to afford it by then. I will prank call you at strange hours, though. So let me know the dates.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

NEXT BAND

10:02 AM  
Blogger leo said...

I need your thoguhts on certain perennial pro bowl linebackers leaving for teams that can truly suck (it).

1:27 AM  
Blogger Dr. Carey said...

yo stop calling us by your retarded blog names, Daniel!







KELLY RIPA!!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I met at least 2 super hot chicks at the bar Saturday night, but I was too drunk to remember either of their names for MySpace/facebook-stalking purposes. (Also, one of them was with her boyfriend while I was talking to her, but I seem to have been the only one of my friends who didn't notice.) Let this be a lesson to you.

(Also, Austin is awesome--did you see my picture with Cody Chesnutt?)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Mallard Fillmore name-checked Thomas Sowell today. Ouch.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Last thursday, after a number of Wild Turkeys and other assorted mixed drinks, I sang a stirring rendition of "Lawyers, Guns, and Money" at a karaoke bar in Biloxi. The night ended much less auspiciously for me, as I face-planted in the street trying to jump over a strip of grass. (My companions tried to revive me by yelling my name and slapping my face, but what finally got me off the pavement was somebody singing "I see a little silhouetto of a man," to which I replied, "Scaramouche!")

4:31 PM  
Blogger Marginal Minds said...

Gimme the Fucken Keyes, you cocksucker,whatthafuck...

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home