Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Leo 7 = Harold the Hoopty Car

Blogspot is being retarded and not letting me upload pictures. Poss due to their objectionable nature. Whatever suck it.

Once again, Black Market Dynamite's debut is in a week and a half on Saturday, July 29th at the Funhouse. We have a purevolume page that is better than the one provided in the last post. By show day, we will have our own website at www.blackmarketdynamite.com (nothing there yet).

Ok, so the Fifth Biannual Letreakend was a rollicking success. Chronologically:

1) Wednesday nite, fellow Black Marketeer Dirty Bomb and I went down to rendezvous with the Crimson Guard at the Khyber for Electric Six. Despite the slave-ship conditions, the show was raucously good as expected and I made off with Tait? Nucleus' setlist and cigarette butt, and Dick Valentine's dollar bill, which I got autographed. (Metal-Head, keep a weather eye out for that...) But, as an unexpected consequence, my cell phone died from being saturated in my sweat. I'm hoping to get that looked at by Verizon this week sometime.

2) Retreakend primer at Zandar's base in Weehawken. Finishing the Norlen's Friday mix, videogaming in all manner of bits, and sharpening my understanding of the rules of Chez Geek.

3) Finally got to catch up with an old roommate and his ball-n-chain, whose quirks and culinary skills I have sorely missed. Right in the middle of ghetto-ass West Philly. That was long overdue.

3) The REAL DEAL. Major Bludd and Metal-Head have done a fine jorb summing up the weekend, so what more can I add to that, really? A couple things, I guess...
--Chez Geek was an even greater success than I imagined it might be.
------Kudos to Metal-Head for the clutch expansion-pack acquisition mission.

--Secret Mixes were excellent. No codename exists for the one who made mine, but it is a fine piece of mixery and an interesting look at the divine from the perspective of the demonic (Stay away from my son, you).

--Thrift and Vinyl yielded somewhat less treasure than previous Letreakends, but I did come away with a copy of Tom Jones' "It's Not Unusual". Everyone do the Carlton till the dawn.

--Despite having a thoroughly deplorable round of Apples to Apples myself, it was still great times, not least for the remarkable rookie performance of the aforementioned old roommate. The Beck Lyrics round was classic and he quickly grasped the insatiable hunger for irony shared by most of the judges.

--SONIC BURGER IS YOUR GOD.

--The overall salesmanship of the constant brawling, as well as hink and crotch-chop ambushes, was a beautiful thing to behold. The fight with Major Bludd on the side of Route 30, and the subsequent visit from a county police officer, was certainly a jewel of the weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger leo said...

The doctor and his girlfriend have custody of that magical dollar, so contact them about it. It's safe... at least, it was in good shape when I gave it to them.

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home