Wednesday, May 24, 2006

wha-pshhh ee-oo ee-oo *brdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrd*

So yeah. A really, really quality post-primary weekend, I must say, which incorporated a great many of my favorite things. Major Sebastian Bludd volunteered to take on the responsibilities of military entourage and bodyguard for the duration, and figures prominently into many of the events.

The chronicle of events begins, of course, on thursday evening, with the tale of The 'Buuk and the Manatee. After pregaming at Castle Destro with its lord and the Baroness, then visiting with Darklon and her thugs for a spell, Bludd and I headed to Der Shteelgaarten (mit der Hildegaard) to drink really stiff beverages and shoot pool (badly). At last call, I went to score some last drinks and when I returned, Bludd had somehow struck up a conversation with two females, after whom this story is named. End result? A cutie gets targeted for a rear delivery of Good n' Plenty and a sea cow gets run over by a speedboat.

Friday, the mean hangover dissipates after several hilarious recountings of the previous evening's events and a long drive to Weehawken while listening to every song Beck ever wrote in alphabetical order. The most enlightening part of the weekend then occurred as Bludd and I played chess while I was introduced to Quadrophenia for the first time. Afterwards we watched the shenanigans and genius of John Entwistle and Keith Moon ("...can you get on with it? Can you keep it...keep it together?"). I learned that Moon died of an overdose on the pills he'd been prescribed to defeat his serious alcohol problem.

Then it was Kevner's house party. Here is when things seriously began to spiral out of control. Everything was fine, the gin was flowing and the dancing was improper, until I believed some property stolen and decided to resent all strangers at the party because of it. This earned one poor unsuspecting douche (yes, I was wrong to do what I did to him, but he was still a douche) a face full of hostile Cobra Commander for pandering to an internationalist. Later, I nearly lost it on the entire apathetic staff of a WaWa. Yet, somehow, the night ended disaster-free.

Saturday nicely rounded everything off. Barbecue at Zandar's featuring Basa Nova, and Norlen freaking showed up. Apples to Apples (Brokeback The Vatican) followed by Mario Soccer followed by my introduction to Risk followed by Resident Evil 4 followed by learning how to play Smash Bros (Samus is my girl) sums up what was roughly a 12-hour period of gaming and overall companionship. When the dust settled, it was Bludd and I, too exhausted to sleep and unable to stop laughing at everything. And then Zandar's sister made us french toast.

danno is offline. danno is online. danno is typing. danno has entered text. danno is typing. danno is pretending not to type. danno is mutilating his keyboard. danno is bleeding on his output. danno is dying. danno is typing. danno is sprawled on the keyboard. danno is faking it. danno wants his supervisor's job. danno is typing. danno is algerhissing. danno is back to life.

9 Comments:

Blogger Paul Tsikitas said...

That's the one!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Paul Tsikitas said...

Btw. Best voice mail I have ever received.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quadrophenia is one of the greatest albums of all time. Wish I'd played it for ya before...

12:51 PM  
Blogger d said...

next time i see u im gonna vomit on your face.

9:19 PM  
Blogger leo said...

If you didn't read my message on my own space, I really hope your comeback/ new digs show is NOT the 22nd of July becuase that is the one and only non-free day I have in my entire month-long trip home.

Do the right thing.

8:12 PM  
Blogger leo said...

....


fuck.


really fuck.



AHHHHH NOOO!!!!

why, Benny, why????


this is the darkest day in steeltown.... such a crazy year......

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/press_conferences/200606/vengpress?section=/

Skip to the 17 minute mark,

3:16 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

Metal-Head, everything is f*cked, nothing is not ruined.

Zandar, just to remind you, I don't get to see Raw until Tuesday evenings. So as soon as I heard "Last night on Raw, there was a reunion of sorts," I closed the window right there. I need to watch it first. And then I need to shoot it into my veins.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh God, my apologies deepest apologies....although there was no way they could drag it out any longer than they already had.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home