Tuesday, May 23, 2006

[Crotch Chop]

Well, it certainly wasn't a good time to be a Pennsylvania incumbent. No amount of dragging their opponents through the mud could top the extent to which they had already dragged themselves through filthier mud. Sure, I get paid, and if I get paid I'll work to the best of my ability to the ends stated by them what paid me, but good riddance and f*ck off--not to all incumbents, but the ones who became career politicians and apparently felt they were able to pull of such a fleecing with impunity. Either they believe PA voters to be morons or they are morons themselves. In any case, they are unfit for office. And that goes for the rest of the government, without which the pay raise and the similarly-shadily-passed gambling bill could not have proceeded. Whether the same chickens will come home to roost for Rendell and the judges remains to be seen, though. No offense, Mistress Armada.

I encourage everyone to visit the blog of the new COBRA chauffeur, (Alger) H.I.S.S. Driver. He works as a dispatcher for a D.C. cab company and has some very funny anecdotes about some incredibly stupid/annoying people. Kudos to Zartan for the introduction.

8 Comments:

Blogger leo said...

Oh man, that's so cryptic!

I'd say I'm kinda glad not to have to deal with those people... but then, my governor was the star of "Jingle All the Way," and there's a lot of beareaucratic shite to deal with out here, so um, yeah, everyone has stupid goverments today, it seems.


Any chance of the dems knocking off Santorum? Any? Just give me a shred of hope, Danno!!!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Any chance? If Bob Casey shit in his hand and wiped the feces on JFK's exhumed corpse on the Today Show he'd still win by 10 points.

3:35 PM  
Blogger leo said...

Wait, people are dumping homophobe Rick that quickly? Wow. I feel much better about the ol' keystone state. Thought the conservative machine always wanted him to be in there - he's the number three man in the senate right now, isn't he?

10:42 PM  
Blogger Paul Tsikitas said...

Hey pop. Surprised there was no mention of the *ee-oo ee-oo, brrrrrrd-brrrrrd*, Manatee's, PBRBSG's or Dan Brown.

Now that's cryptic, Justin.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

If the election were held today, I'd agree with Zartan. I don't know what the numbers were from the last poll but Ricky's down by at least 10. At the same time, this is by no means a good time to start counting chickens.

The pay raise issue, the gambling thing, and a general attitude of sleazy arrogance made the state legislature's incumbents pariahs, pretty much. Given the situation, the smart move for the ones who got no primary opposition (namely Santorum and Swann) would have been to keep quiet until after the primary. Expect both of them to start being more vocal and visible.

Bob Casey is the son of a former governor and Santorum is none too popular, but Casey was also at the middle of the pay raise issue, which alone ended more political lives in this state than any other issue has in years. On the other hand, the primary showed that PA Democrats are not as willing to hold their leaders accountable for that as their Republican counterparts are.

Point is, this fight has just begun.

Major Bludd: I didn't have time to properly devote a post. Coming soon. ee-oo ee-oo.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what I was just thinking?

I haven't met a Republican since high school. Not a single person I have met, young or old, since I left for college votes red.

That's seven years.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Damn, Chub-Chub, you're missing out. Democrats know how to run a government, but Republicans are way more fun.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

I'm in no mood for a fracas, so I'll leave *that* comment alone.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home