Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Livid Licid

R, TAP: Livid Licid loses this ability and becomes a creature enchantment that reads "Enchanted band member gets +4/-2 and Trample when attacking local taverns" instead of a creature. Move Livid Licid onto target band member. You may pay R to end this effect.

Murray and I went a-flyerin' yesterday, hanging up the damn things all over Moravian's campus and went to the OBT last. When we arrived, we learned that our gig for Friday had been double-booked, and the girl who booked us was sort of not working there anymore. After a quick strategy session, we decided not to go berserk. The new scheduling guy was pretty conciliatory, anyway. So he offered us April 28, a Friday. We will take it once we get confirmation from Ben. The money's too good, we need all the gigs we can get, and the OBT is fun. But to say we feel slighted and angry is an understatement. Like I said, I'm only a turn sideways and one red mana away from flipping the hell out.

My deepest apologies and surrogate rage goes out to those who were planning on getting their faces rocked. We'll make it up in double measure.

We have confirmed, however, the Hawthorn House gig next Saturday the 11th. It's gonna be interesting. It's a small place, but it gets hopping. We'll see.

Elements of the High Command have questioned why we are waiting to attack Philadelphia. The stock answer is, "We need a suitable fleet of assault vehicles." But the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like something we can probably pull off anyway, especially since we just bought a new Uberbox. So anybody with bright ideas about where would be good venues for us to approach to book a gig, speak now! Major Bludd, Mindbender, Zartan, and Zandar, I am looking in your direction...

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Play The Wach. You can be Antero Niitymaki's opener.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I think I can still remember a bunch of Philly venues from back when I lived around there...TLA, Trocadero, Electric factory...are they all still in business? Maybe you could get a gig as a first opener...

12:01 PM  
Blogger Paul Tsikitas said...

There is always the Pontiac Grill, the Khyber, North Star (I know a few people who have played there... don't know how to set-up a gig), Grape Street in the Yunk and that's about all I got to suggest. I know you guys could get a gig one of those spots. I know shittier local bands that have played there. And LORD knows that would rule if I got to see you at my fav the North Star. I would cream my jeans 7 fold.

12:51 PM  
Blogger leo said...

You should look up old Nick DeAngelo (don't ask me, I haven't seen that kid in years) and see where he got his band to play. You might do better in the 'burbs where young people are dumber but sometimes more excited to see stuff, particularly college-dominated areas like West Chester and Ursinus.

Can you find my page by clicking on my name here? That might be the easiest way to get this connected.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, North Star would own rawkously. I don't know too many key venues other than the ones Paul mentioned.

6:10 PM  
Blogger d said...

junior called ur band shitty. now go send him to earth to suffer and die for our sins.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home