Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What's a detroit?

Due respect to Pearls and Brass, who had their CD reviewed in Entertainment Weekly, apparently. I can always say I saw them at the Funhouse.

Be on the lookout for Young Blood, a dance party which is being organized primarily by Zartan, featuring the steel wheeling and dealing of ourselves and another fella. Probably at the Wildflower Cafe, probably some Thursday in March.

Finally, primary season is beginning to really emerge. I go on my first mission tomorrow, where I must infiltrate ******'* ***** with a surveillance device and a cover identity to get some early dirt on ****** *****, who is giving a fundraising speech. *** is going down now that COBRA's on the case.

If anyone has noticed a conspicuous lack of rabidly fanatical NFL-related posting in the last several days, it is because I'm trying really, really hard not to do any. Times like this don't happen to a certain football fan very often, and it's hard to not just jabber away about it all the time. But I'm in ultra anti-jinx mode, and I don't want my happy raving to lead to gross overconfidence.

That said, I would like to give a big e-hug to everyone who was at Starter's on Sunday, including people I don't know. Probably the best experience watching football I've ever had. Starter's totally made the atmosphere, with Steelers logos up everywhere, a sign by the entrance that said "DANGER: SWINGING TOWELS", and six cases of Iron City that they brought in just for us (of course, we got rid of those by halftime). Thanks to the Broncos fans who were there, too. Every week of the playoffs, we had a brief meeting, promising to get rid of whoever was in our respective team's way and meet each other in the AFC Championship. [NOTE TO PATS FANS: Pay attention here. You can learn something from this that in your years of dominance, most of you never bothered to do.] They congratulated us on our win, very graciously, and we gave them a standing ovation. Next week Starter's has promised us fifteen cases of IC and a three-foot Roethlisburger.

And check out this photo of Zarana, currently spearheading a 'Drome construction project in Angkor Wat. She's so badass.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E-HUG YOU TOO!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

-----<---@

12:40 PM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

You were not included in that virtual embrace, dickwad. You get an e-bullet-to-the-kneecap.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah? Well wait 'till I counter your e-abuse with an e-lawsuit, in which I e-detail your e-transgressions of the e-federal-laws against e-torture, and hire a massive e-defense-team and bribe the e-Fifth-Circuit-Court judge with free Netflix and a bottomless account at GoldenPalace.com...you think you're going to have a fucking e-chance then?

4:16 AM  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

you're e-going down.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

If I guess the identity of ****** ***** do I win a prize?

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can anyone confirm for me who Tastes Like Emo is?

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can anyone confirm for me who Tastes Like Emo is?

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home