Monday, December 05, 2005

Mop-up Operations

We finally sent our gimped website to the shop.

The show on Friday went well, short of a couple of things: Murray busted his guitar pedal so he had to go direct through his amp. Predictably this resulted in a change in sound that I regarded as noticeable but not necessarily inferior, but he regarded as cataclysmic. Whatever. The other issue was that, although the Wildflower is spiffy and all, there's too many effing chairs and sofas and divans and settees and chaise-lounges and chesterfields and davenports and such in there. Everybody has a place to sit and get seriously way too comfortable enough by half. So we brought in a pretty nice pile of people, maybe fifty or so through the night, but it was a legion of chilled-out folks nodding their heads, tapping their feet, and who would have waited for the last note to finish ringing out before clapping or making any sort of noise if Dr. Mindbender hadn't been sitting up in the front yelling, shouting out asides, and generally making a scene. The little brother and his legion of mumbling compatriots turned up and seemed to really enjoy themselves until they had to leave because none of them had senior licenses.

Now, in response to Zartan's wish-list:
1. We have considered the pros and cons of adding a bassist since...forever. It would allow Murray and myself much more room to do things and enrich the overall sound a good deal. But, the thing is, since the band reverted to a trio, efficiency has skyrocketed across the board: practice schedules, practice time, creative process (we wrote & arranged about 15 songs in 3 weeks after the last personnel change), communication, booking, and decision making. My honest opinion? It'll probably happen sometime. But we need to take advantage of this situation for a while longer.
2. The video usually gets projected onto a bigger screen or blanket over our heads. Friday's setup was an experiment (failed, evidently). Next time, I will push for directly projecting onto us. We'll wear a lot of white. See how it goes.
3. This would be one of the "pros" of item #1. Not that the integration can't be increased more in the current configuration, however. Duly noted.
4. His balls were where now?

Tonight is the super-prestigious LVMAs, or Lehigh Valley Music Awards for those of you who are autistic or have been locked in a brothel for the past seven years. We were nominated for a decent number of categories (about 6-8), but these things are settled by an internet vote over the span of one week, during which I didn't a nearly good enough job getting the vote out. So, I'm not expecting much, but we may get lucky. After all, we won best Avante-Garde/Instrumental act last year and I don't think any of us had any idea there was voting going on.

Baroness and Destro return from their mission tonight. The transmissions have been promising, I look forward to a full report. In triplicate. That I will make my secretarial staff read and then brief me. And then, if they're good looking enough, de-brief me. COBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

M83 (caution: sound) is a French electronic group that makes walls of sonic beauty. I have a few pics from my trip to ACL back in September.

5) sexy dancing broads

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Web site in progress. Neato!! Your next show (which I can't make, lame lame lame) is on my dad's birthday. So, um, I guess if I will be there in sexy subconscious spirit as usual, and my dad will be 49. Which is the perfect square of 7. Which is the number of shows that, um, I've seen...

F that logic.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good golly this type of blog is a strange new world for me. big ups to your terrordome.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home